Aussie NZ RO2 Forums

Full Version: ro2 crashing every damn time....
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
Did you try deleting some of the system files and ROgame.exe.
Then go into steam and go to the RO2 game. Select options, then local files, then verify integrity of game cache. that will reinstall any of the files you deleted.
Sometimes they get corrupted and that's the fix.

Otherwise have a pock around the bugs area in the TWI forum. There have been a few problems in the past that required you to mess around a little with your router.
Or mess around with the Steam master server list or something like that.

RO2 has run well for me so I can give you much first hand advice.

The guys on the forums are pretty clued in so def take a look there.
Same thing is happening to me!
Must of been an update or something cause I was away for a month and since I've been back it hasn't been working.
My game's been crashing every time I go into Server Browser for the last few days! I'm out of things to try.

I can usually join with no problems with 120 FPS and I've noticed that when I crash on the server browser, the FPS indicator is only indicating around 50 FPS.
Direct from Steam you can go to View > Servers. Joining a game from there might get you around the issue?
Yea I've tried that, and I get a very low frame rate. Every time I crash I have a low frame rate for some reason.
And when I don't crash, I have a very good frame rate.
(30-11-2014 09:41 AM)chubabuba_141 Wrote: [ -> ]My game's been crashing every time I go into Server Browser for the last few days! I'm out of things to try.

I can usually join with no problems with 120 FPS and I've noticed that when I crash on the server browser, the FPS indicator is only indicating around 50 FPS.

I feel ya, got the exact same problem. If the client is laggy from the menu, it's gonna crash when I go to mp, if it's fine it'll work just great. Seems like a 50/50 chance on what I get, though.
Pretty frustrating stuff, though. I believe it's also causing random crashes mid-game too, game'll just stutter hard for a second & then crash. Had to get my DP-28 to 50 3 times cause of losing points.

Angry
Yea, I contacted Trip Wire and they suggested the following but none have been successful for me.

Tripwire support:

The most common cause of this is corrupt files in the user directory or
missing prerequisite files. Please try the following:

1) Delete your documents/my games/red orchestra 2/ folder directory
completely
2) Running the RO2redist.exe located in your SteamApps/common/red
orchestra 2/binaries/windows location
3) Update any device drivers you have to the latest available

Also if the game is crashing when attempting to use the Server Browser
there is a chance that security software is causing a problem as well.
Make sure the game is on any allowed/ignore list for such software. If
it already is try removing it and re-adding it.
What OS and graphics cards are you guys all using?
I am running Windows 7 64-bit OS with a NVIDIA GeForce GTX 770
I think I fixed it, I just took out my graphics card and put it back in... must of been loose.
Pages: 1 2 3
Reference URL's