Announcements
Rest In Peace Capt.Scarlett The Aussie/NZ community would have been a dull place without you

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
7 day ban for changing Steam name - and got called a dickhead
Private
Greetings

So I got banned for "7 days for being a dickhead" from both the server & the steam group by Shiro for the act of changing my Steam name to NOT Shiro. No TK's, no foul language or abuse.

How is this an appropriate use of mod privileges?
Is NOT Shiro a trademarked term? Or does it account as offensive language?
03-11-2019, 03:17 PM
Donor
Flat Earth
That's sad to hear you go a 7 day ban for being a dickhead. next time good idea don't be a dick head that will work !
03-11-2019, 04:56 PM
Private
Generally good advice to live by Thomo - but the pantyhose elastic is gonna be getting stretched pretty thin if changing your user name is now covered as bannable dickheadism.

Might need to extend the server rules in that case - no Shiro based derivatives tolerated.
I've seen cases of more dickheadian behaviour from Shiro himself towards other players, let alone other players examples of tk'ing, etc in game.

History has shown us that benevolent dictatorships are bad for the economy, having a man like this in charge, certainly does not inspire thy donation.
04-11-2019, 02:11 PM
Recruit
I got banned by Shiro for 7 days cause I accidentally TKd him. He shouldn't be a Mod.
05-11-2019, 07:37 AM
Admin,TS,Forums,Server
Airbase Alpha
is that the whole story squishy or are you leaving out some parts there i see a lot of bans from Shiro all had there name as Shiro_2 so id assume the being a dickhead rule would apply well for trolling.
a 1month ban was given to most you seem to have got off light with the 7 days by shiro's standards
05-11-2019, 02:02 PM
Admin,TS,Forums,Server
Airbase Alpha
ive sent shiro a msg to ask what was going on once ive heard back ill make a decision on the ban and the other ones he also did
05-11-2019, 02:18 PM
Private
There's definitely more to the story - I think several other players changed their names to Shiro'esque variations, and got inconsistent bans ranging from a day to a month, to no ban at all.
I guess it was may have been what the kids call trolling, but he/she brings it upon oneself. Never forgives accidental TK's and half the time bans for it. Kills the atmosphere in the server anytime he/she joins.
No of the other admin are get pissy like this, except for maybe that lovely soul Donkey over at MR.

I'm all for discouraging abuse, racism etc, but whats next. I kinda feel like if I merely changed my name to Jeebus I wouldn't get booted?

Leave the ban, I'll serve my time, maybe I'll find somewhere else that can appreciate my 1 star banter.
05-11-2019, 05:50 PM
Admin,TS,Forums,Server
Airbase Alpha
after talking to shiro he is happy for your ban to be lifted as unlike the others you only did a name change and not spam mic or harass him on the server but seem to have only jumped on the bandwagon at the time of changing your name to Shiro. and we can see on the logs that the Not Shrio was done after the original ban for changing to Shiro

But i have removed the ban as this looks to be a first time being banned as no others appear in the logs
06-11-2019, 02:03 AM