Announcements
RS2 Campaign is here.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Campaign mode
Administrator
Kingsotn Canberra AU
I put up a third server that is testing the Campaign mode.  Only had a few minutes this morning to have a look at it.  Seems an interesting take on TE battles.  I really paid little thought to what maps I included in each zone but apparently you can get them somewhat true to the region.

Anyway have a look when you can.  Server name is Aussie / NZ Campaign test
08-04-2013, 09:42 AM
Administrator
Kingsotn Canberra AU
This is how the Campaign is structured.  I am still learning how it all works but from what I have gathered the first part defines the names of each region and the second part denotes what maps are contestable in each region.  
So if you win a map you get to choose a region to attack that is next to where you currently occupy and then you choose a map within that region if there is more than one.
Below is the maps I have (second part) at the moment but it was a random grab of maps.  If someone wants to put some thought into a better list, i am happy to try some different combinations

First Part 
TerritoryNames[0]=Steppe
TerritoryNames[1]=Mechetka
TerritoryNames[2]=Traktorniy
TerritoryNames[3]=Mamaev
TerritoryNames[4]=Barrikady
TerritoryNames[5]=Krasniy
TerritoryNames[6]=Nord" ( north )
TerritoryNames[7]=Ouest" ( west )
TerritoryNames[8]=Centre" ( central )
TerritoryNames[9]=Sud" ( south )

Second Part
TerritoryMaps[0]=(Maps[0]="TE-Apartments",Maps[1]="TE-Univermag-B6",Maps[2]="TE-Barashka",Maps[3]="TE-CommissarsHouse",Maps[4]=)
TerritoryMaps[1]=(Maps[0]="TE-Spartanovka",Maps[1]="TE-Bridges_of_Druzhina",Maps[2]=,Maps[3]=,Maps[4]=)
TerritoryMaps[2]=(Maps[0]="TE-MamayevKurgan",Maps[1]=,Maps[2]=,Maps[3]=,Maps[4]=)
TerritoryMaps[3]=(Maps[0]="TE-Barraks",Maps[1]="TE-Rakowice_MCP",Maps[2]=,Maps[3]=,Maps[4]=)
TerritoryMaps[4]=(Maps[0]="TE-Winterwald_MCP",Maps[1]="TE-PavlovsHouse",Maps[2]=,Maps[3]=,Maps[4]=)
TerritoryMaps[5]=(Maps[0]="TE-Stalingradkessel_MCP",Maps[1]=,Maps[2]=,Maps[3]=,Maps[4]=)
TerritoryMaps[6]=(Maps[0]="TE-RedOctoberFactory",Maps[1]=,Maps[2]=,Maps[3]=,Maps[4]=)
TerritoryMaps[7]=(Maps[0]="TE-GrainElevator",Maps[1]=,Maps[2]=,Maps[3]=,Maps[4]=)
TerritoryMaps[8]=(Maps[0]="TE-Station",Maps[1]="TE-Bridges_of_Druzhina",Maps[2]="TE-PavlovsHouse",Maps[3]="TE-FallenFighters",Maps[4]=)
TerritoryMaps[9]=(Maps[0]="TE-Barraks",Maps[1]=,Maps[2]=,Maps[3]=,Maps[4]=)

08-04-2013, 10:20 PM
Commando
Sydney AU
It seems to me that currently when attacking Red October Factory as Germans the win doesn't result in a territory turn over. =/
Or I need sleep.
Only real major issue I encountered so far but even so it's an awesome game mode.

09-04-2013, 01:49 AM
Administrator
Kingsotn Canberra AU
Thanks mate I'll pass that error to someone that can look into it.  

I have just tweaked the map list again and will 

TerritoryMaps[0]=(Maps[0]="TE-Winterwald_MCP",Maps[1]="TE-Rakowice_MCP",Maps[2]="TE-Barracks",Maps[3]=,Maps[4]=)
TerritoryMaps[1]=(Maps[0]="TE-Spartanovka",Maps[1]="TE-Station",Maps[2]=,Maps[3]="TE-DerIwanBerg_B3",Maps[4]=)
TerritoryMaps[2]=(Maps[0]="TE-Apartments",Maps[1]="TE-Stalingradkessel_MCP",Maps[2]=,Maps[3]=,Maps[4]=)
TerritoryMaps[3]=(Maps[0]="TE-MamayevKurgan",Maps[1]="TE-Univermag-B6",Maps[2]=,Maps[3]=,Maps[4]=)
TerritoryMaps[4]=(Maps[0]="TE-CommissarsHouse",Maps[1]="TE-Apartments",Maps[2]=,Maps[3]=,Maps[4]=)
TerritoryMaps[5]=(Maps[0]="TE-RedOctoberFactory",Maps[1]="TE-Rakowice_MCP",Maps[2]=,Maps[3]=,Maps[4]=)
TerritoryMaps[6]=(Maps[0]="TE-PavlovsHouse",Maps[1]="TE-DerIwanBerg_B3",Maps[2]=,Maps[3]=,Maps[4]=)
TerritoryMaps[7]=(Maps[0]="TE-Station",Maps[1]="TE-Barracks",Maps[2]=,Maps[3]=,Maps[4]=)
TerritoryMaps[8]=(Maps[0]="TE-FallenFighters",Maps[1]="TE-Bridges_of_Druzhina",Maps[2]=,Maps[3]=,Maps[4]=)
TerritoryMaps[9]=(Maps[0]="TE-GrainElevator",Maps[1]="TE-Stalingradkessel_MCP",Maps[2]=,Maps[3]=,Maps[4]=)

At the moment I don't want to pull players from the other Aussie / NZ server.  No point in having 30 players in each server at the start of the night.  So put a password on the campaign server which i will remove when the other Aussie / NZ server fills.  
09-04-2013, 02:55 PM
Code Monkey
Perth
It was fun, even though I joined past halfway in the German campaign. At the end of the day it's pretty basic, but I like the idea of a more realistic connection between the maps.
10-04-2013, 10:10 PM
Donor
RINGWOOD AU
Played it last night while i was drunk, it was quite enjoyable Smile 
Also a good break away from all the noobs that have infested the other server
12-04-2013, 06:00 PM
Code Monkey
Perth

Played it last night while i was drunk, it was quite enjoyable Smile 
Also a good break away from all the noobs that have infested the other server

RO2 is one game I haven't played when drinking because it requires significantly more concentration than other games, especially when in a command role. Stupid alcohol... how did the Russians do it?Also the noobs that can't join the normal server overflow into the other servers. Hooray.
12-04-2013, 08:14 PM
Code Monkey
Perth
First ever campaign event was a completely success. Many people participated from start to finish and it was pretty close throughout.
One bug discovered: the TL can call artillery without any cooldown timer on Univermag.
15-04-2013, 12:12 AM
Commando
Sydney AU
As I recall arty timers are map dependent, so that may not be a bug.
15-04-2013, 02:20 AM
Administrator
Kingsotn Canberra AU
I just updated the map flow after a few suggestions from Pariah.
Made it so Station can flow into Univermag and then into Fallenfighters.
Seperated RedOctoberFactory and Rakowice as they both were trick attacking options.

TerritoryMaps[0]=(Maps[0]="TE-Winterwald_MCP",Maps[1]="TE-Rakowice_MCP",Maps[2]="TE-Barracks",Maps[3]=,Maps[4]=)
TerritoryMaps[1]=(Maps[0]="TE-Spartanovka",Maps[1]="TE-Arad2_MCP",Maps[2]=,Maps[3]="TE-Barashka",Maps[4]=)
TerritoryMaps[2]=(Maps[0]="TE-Apartments",Maps[1]="TE-Stalingradkessel_MCP",Maps[2]=,Maps[3]=,Maps[4]=)
TerritoryMaps[3]=(Maps[0]="TE-MamayevKurgan",Maps[1]=,Maps[2]=,Maps[3]=,Maps[4]=)
TerritoryMaps[4]=(Maps[0]="TE-CommissarsHouse",Maps[1]="TE-Apartments",Maps[2]=,Maps[3]=,Maps[4]=)
TerritoryMaps[5]=(Maps[0]="TE-RedOctoberFactory",Maps[1]="TE-Station",Maps[2]=,Maps[3]=,Maps[4]=)
TerritoryMaps[6]=(Maps[0]="TE-PavlovsHouse",Maps[1]="TE-Univermag-B6",Maps[2]=,Maps[3]=,Maps[4]=)
TerritoryMaps[7]=(Maps[0]="TE-DerIwanBerg_B3",Maps[1]="TE-FallenFighters",Maps[2]=,Maps[3]=,Maps[4]=)
TerritoryMaps[8]=(Maps[0]="TE-Barracks",Maps[1]=,Maps[2]=,Maps[3]=,Maps[4]=)
TerritoryMaps[9]=(Maps[0]="TE-GrainElevator",Maps[1]="TE-Stalingradkessel_MCP",Maps[2]=,Maps[3]=,Maps[4]=)
TerritoryNames[0]=Steppe
TerritoryNames[1]=Mechetka
TerritoryNames[2]=Traktorniy
TerritoryNames[3]=Mamaev
TerritoryNames[4]=Barrikady
TerritoryNames[5]=Krasniy
TerritoryNames[6]=Nord" ( north )
TerritoryNames[7]=Ouest" ( west )
TerritoryNames[8]=Centre" ( central )
TerritoryNames[9]=Sud" ( south )
17-04-2013, 08:19 PM