Announcements
Rest In Peace Capt.Scarlett The Aussie/NZ community would have been a dull place without you

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
2 day ban for 'racism'
Recruit
In-Game Name: MarsOz ("midnight yeeeboy" at the time of ban)

Server Information: Aussie/NZ Good Gamers #3 | Aussie & ARVN maps | map voting (playing VNTE-AnLaoValleyAussie)

Steam ID: STEAM_1:1:25624333

Banning Admin Name: no idea

Reason For Ban: "Racism"

Appeal: I would love to see the examples of my 'racism' that got me this ban, as far as I'm aware, me and many other people on the server were only making light of the ridiculous automated warning that appears in chat by saying "snigger" and "Jew" in a neutral or positive context whereas there is no such warning for a plethora of real slurs, in particular against Asian people to which I've seen a lot of in my time playing RS2.

If this in regards to a certain word(s) being used to which a ban is carried regardless of any and all context then I will of course not use it in future.
Thanks for your time.
09-08-2018, 08:53 PM
Donor
So if you want to come back on the server you really should consider cleaning up your act.

Your chat logs have some very interesting entries.

You were perhaps swept up with others who were saying very deplorable stuff.

My advice to you is to treat this as a warning given you have edged the line here.

Side note: i 100% agree with the comments re racial slurs against asian people.
09-08-2018, 10:15 PM
Administrator
Campbell Canberra AU
MarsOz your wisdom has been taken on board and instead of being categorised as a racist jerk we simply refer to you as being a dickhead. Both carry similar disciplinary outcomes. End of day it is like this - you were being a jerk to mess with something you knew was automated and it in ighted others to be jerks. For fuck sake, just play the game or fuck off.
10-08-2018, 11:31 PM
Recruit
(10-08-2018 11:31 PM)CatintheHat Wrote:  End of day it is like this - you were being a jerk to mess with something you knew was automated and it in ighted others to be jerks.

You can say I'm a dickhead, but if you're implying I instigated people spamming the automated message, that's simply not true - considering it was only brought to my attention after seeing multiple people triggering it in-game, I didn't try to encourage people and nor do I have responsibility in what other random people do on the server.

and in regards to messing with something I knew was automated, it's hard not to when you or someone else gets flagged with an aggressive message for using "snigger" in a completely legitimate non-malicious sentence for example. I still find it hard to believe that it makes the blacklist of problematic words but common racial slurs for Asians didn't.

(10-08-2018 11:31 PM)CatintheHat Wrote:  For fuck sake, just play the game or fuck off.

It's almost like you can play the game and use chat in moments of inactivity, even if you don't like it (and clearly you don't) shitposting in chat has always been a thing (even on your servers) and it's not mutually exclusive with 'playing the game'.
11-08-2018, 09:02 PM